Friday 8 July 2016

The Sky Really Has No Limit




Applying the Rule of Thirds. Seasoned lensmen will say never have the horizon centered in the frame. Always have a subject like a car of center with space "to move into". The portrait must be off center for the eyes to have space "to look into". Many do not apply the rules. Many bend them. Some push them to the limits. I simply shoot as I see it most times. 

I sat for about fifteen minutes looking at this spectacle through the viewfinder. I pointed the camera towards the ground placing to the horizon in the top third. Click click. 




From the same spot I pointed the lens skyward and pressed the shutter button. My initial reaction was "Mmm, it's ok". Maybe not to shabby. I got home and downloaded the pictures and than realized what I had accomplished in about thirty minutes on the beach. For me the picture was perfect. It needed no post editing and was just as I wanted it. 

What really "spoke" to me was the natural "blue vignette" in the sky above our beloved mountain. It seemed as if there was no end to this amazing blue sky. 

The saying goes "The Sky's the Limit" when one one achieves some sort milestone or success. Yet the "sky" is limitless and unending. 


Over the past few weeks I have been beating myself over the head trying to find reasons why things are just not working. The lights went on after "speaking" to some really talented and gifted, good people. This brought about a change in perspective. My dad always used to say, if you look at the ground when you walk you may just walk into a tree. Look up. See the sky above. Get direction. Change the way you do things. Get a different perspective. There is a brilliant blue sky above you filled with endless potential. 


  

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love it Peter! That sky hovering above our Sentinel!It is award winning in my mind! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete